Thoughts blown from a life of faith.

This blog is an attempt to encapsulate in words God's amazing-ness! And what He has been doing in my life as an overflow of His great love for us. Hopefully, you'll let Him do the same for you. =)

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

This is a re-post of an entry from my blog last January of 2008.
I can't even remember anymore what was going on in my life at that time.
All I know is that what I wrote there is probably the most fitting first entry for this blog.
And hopefully, my future entries will follow suit.

BTW, today marks the 9th year to that day you'll be reading about inawhile.

======================================================


It's been 7 years, 4 months, and 11 days since I said "Yes."

Yes to who you ask?

Yes. To the one who knows me to the very core.

Yes. To the one who gave it all.

Yes. To the one whose love endures forever.

Yes. To the one who gave me the faith to walk on ocean's deep.

Yes. To the one who holds my world in the palm of his hands.

Yes. To the one makes all things possible.

Yes. To the one who paid the price.

Yes. To the one who hears me when I am calling, and catches me when i am falling.

Yes. To the one whose glory steals my heart.

Yes. To the one who is king over the flood.

Yes. To the one who saved the day.

Yes. To the one who set the captives free.

Yes. To the one who is the hope of nations.

Yes. To the one who is lord of all creation.

Yes. To the one who made the broken whole.

Yes. To the one who set me apart.

Yes. To the one who picked me up and turned me around.

Yes. To the one who made a way.

Yes. To the one who will never let me go.

Yes. To the one who has seen the depths of my heart yet loves me the same.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. -Romans 10:13

Knowing that I have sinned and that I need the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior, I now turn from my sins and trust Jesus for my eternal life. I ask Jesus Christ to forgive me and to deliver me from sin's power and give me eternal life.

I now give Jesus Christ control of my life.

From this day forward, as He gives me strength, I will seek to serve Him and obey Him in all areas of my life."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a Sunday afternoon. Another one of those Sunday afternoons that my tita would bring me to church with her. I dreaded going to that place. Mainly because I didn't really know anyone there. I'd much rather stay at home and watch TV or do whatever it is i can do when i'm at home. I remember we would always go to church at 6PM, but that Sunday, she asked me to go to church with her at 4PM. 2 hours earlier than the time we usually went there i thought. Hmm. Something must be up. I figured she had a meeting to go to, and that i'd find myself stuck in that place for 2 hours extra, bored, and with nothing to do. But since i was just 13 years old that time, i didn't really have a choice, so I went along with her. So when we got there, she told me brought me in one of the rooms downstairs and not at the hall itself. This must be where her meeting will be i thought. Then 4 young people came into the room. I remember them from the many people she introduced to me. And then these people started talking to me. I figure just the usual casual small talk. But then, my tita left me with them. O-kay, i thought, just what is going on here?..So they continued talking with me, asking me about school and stuff. And then, they asked me things that i've actually thought of a lot in those days that i wasn't really talking about with anyone. They shared to me the most important thing I would ever hear in my entire life. At first all the things they were talking about I kind of knew already. I thought, okay, i'll just play along with them until it was time for them to leave or something. But then, the things that they were sharing to me were suddenly making something in me stir up. Like what they were sharing to me was exactly what I was looking for. And after that, I said yes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And true enough that was what I was looking for. And i'm sure that's what all of us are looking for as well. I have to admit, in between then and now, I haven't exactly been the most obedient, or the most trusting, or the most loving, but then, God isn't looking for us to be the most obedient, or the most trusting or the most loving. God still chooses to love us, just as we are, despite and inspite all of our shortcomings, because, he does.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forever God is faithful.

Forever God is strong.

Forever God is with us.

Forever? Forever.

Labels:

Share this on Facebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home