Thoughts blown from a life of faith.

This blog is an attempt to encapsulate in words God's amazing-ness! And what He has been doing in my life as an overflow of His great love for us. Hopefully, you'll let Him do the same for you. =)

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

C is for Coffee =)

I can't believe I actually forgot to put one integral part of my life in the "C" random words list!


COFFEE!


Being the nocturnal person that I am, thinking, making messages/sermons, writing blogs, and most of the "creative" stuff that I do, are best done late-nights until the wee hours of the morning. Of course all with a cup of coffee nearby =)

I don't really know why I like (okay, love) coffee so much.

I remember growing up, I actually never liked the smell of coffee.

It reminded me of grown-ups. And of course to a little girl, grown-ups had their thing, and kids had their own which included toys, and ice cream and all the good stuff.

I can't actually quite recall my first taste of coffee. If i'm not mistaken, it was in college when I had my first cup. I was in church, attending a prayer meeting (I think). And I was just so sleepy (hahaha =P) at that time. And I remember that a lot of people had coffee cups in their hands. So I decided to try it. And it was so bitter! At that time, I didn't know the concept of sugar and creamer.

Anyways, what I do remember was my first visit to a coffee shop.

It was in 2004 when I became part of the Youth Alive Council. We had the yearly retreat and planning at Tagaytay. And we went to Starbucks Tagaytay. =)


I remember ordering "Hot Chocolate and a Choco Chip cookie". Such a first-timer. Hahaha.

Can't believe that was five years ago.

Now Coffeeshops (Coffee) have been an integral part of our cellgroups, fellowships and other bonding times with friends and family.




=================================================

"Behind every successful woman is a substantial amount of coffee." -Stephanie Piro


Labels: ,

Share this on Facebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home