Thoughts blown from a life of faith.

This blog is an attempt to encapsulate in words God's amazing-ness! And what He has been doing in my life as an overflow of His great love for us. Hopefully, you'll let Him do the same for you. =)

Monday, November 23, 2009

The heart of the matter





The only thing that counts is faith - expressing itself through love.
-Galatians 5:6

===============================================================

A friend asked me: "What's your life statement?"

That got me thinking.

I said I don't have one.

I asked if it's the same as with my life verse.

And he said it could be, but it should be different in that it's more of related to what I am doing right now as well, my priorities in life.

As much as I would have wanted to remember everything that he said with regards to "life statements", I don't remember much. Mainly because of my lack of sleep that day.

But I guess the more important thing that I got from that conversation that we had was that it got me thinking; to ask myself the question: what is my life statement?

===============================================================

As I was browsing books at Books for Less this afternoon, I saw a bible which had this verse written on its cover:

The only thing that counts is faith - expressing itself through love. -Galatians 5:6

Such a nice verse I thought. As I was thinking about that verse, it reminded me of a line from my favorite movie Serendipity.

In the movie, Jonathan (John Cusack) was talking with Dean (Jeremy Piven). That time, Jonathan has something "tragic" happen to him. I won't dwell into details, for the benefit of those who havent watched it yet.

Dean: You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They only asked one question after a man died: "Did he have passion?".

I was thinking: passion = love.

In a way that coffee and overnights go together for me, faith and love are inseparable things. Although I must admit that before this, I haven't really thought of putting those two together except for when they are mentioned in the famous "Love" chapter of 1 Corinthians.

===============================================================

As I write this, I have yet to put into words my "Life Statement". But what I do have is some kind of "vision" as to what I want it to be. What I want my life to be like.

To live with faith. In the ordinary and extra-ordinary moments of my life. To live with love. To really show it, not just say it. To be someone whom God would give the privilege of serving in His work, in whatever way He would want me to. To do things without fear, except in being away from the center of God's will. To hold nothing back from worshipping and praising God, in all the areas of my life.

Labels: , , , ,

Share this on Facebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home